It was no surprise that Apple entered the domain of email. It is after all the pinnacle of modern-day businesses. Apple’s very own email client comes with a promise of quality. It offers unmatched safety and hassle-free function. So the issue of iCloud email not working is a rare phenomenon.
In this blog, we cover the issue in detail. We also help you understand the causes so that you can get the fixes properly. Also, we provide fixes for various platforms.
Causes of the iCloud Mail Not Working
- It might be possible that you have still not enabled the iCloud email.
- Also, you should check if there is adequate iCloud storage.
- Moreover, to get new emails you need to give permission to retrieve new data.
Things to Do Before You Proceed to Fixes
In this section, we cover a few points that might be behind the issue of iCloud mail not working. These should most probably fix your issue before you proceed to the fixes.
Check Your Credentials
The first thing you should do is ensure that you are using the correct email ID and password combination. More precisely, you should check the key of your Apple ID. If you are sure about this, then you can proceed to the next step.
Ensure Healthy Connectivity
This might be a reason behind your iCloud Email not Working. So, check your internet speed. All you need to do is visit another website and try to see how fast it loads. This will help you conclude the connectivity of your system.
Restart your Device
It might sound basic but it works most of the time. This is the most common remedy, and it goes for this issue too. However, please make sure that you give some time after you restart. After that, check whether you are able to receive your emails.
Fix iCloud Email Issues on Various Platforms
In this section, we cover the fixes for iOS devices, Mac devices, and even Windows.
Fix for iPhone and iPad
- First, you need to check the connection. After that, ensure that the iCloud email account can be accessed from Mac or PC.
- If not, then you need to go to Settings > “Your Name” > iCloud. This enables the mail.
- If you have iOS 14, then you need to enable Push. You can do this by Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data.
- For iOS 13, you can enable Push by navigating to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data.
- Once done, you should restart your device. After that send an email to yourself.
This should resolve the issue of iCloud email issues for iOS devices.
Bypass the Issue on a Mac
- Go to the Mail sidebar present in the upper-right corner of the Mail window. Keep a check for a lightning bolt or a warning symbol next to the account’s inbox.
- Please check if you see that Network Offline appears. To prevent this, you need to check the internet connection.
- After that, check the email service provider (ESP) to ensure your account is set up properly.
- If it is not, then it will reflect the status as Login Failed.
- Now you need to check why your service provider rejects your password.
- Also, if the email service is temporarily unavailable, then the email provider’s website might reflect a status message.
If the above solution does not fix, then you can try to delete your account and then re-enter your details.
Repairing the Issue on a Windows
- First, you need to select the Mail application on Windows 10.
- After that, you need to navigate to Account > Add the Account.
- Here you need to choose iCloud from the drop-down.
- After that, you have to Sign in by entering the iCloud+ email credentials. Now you need to set up a new password from the Apple ID website if two-factor authentication is enabled.
- Now you need to enter your name, after that click Sign in.
- After that, you have to hit Done.
- Now you go to Start > Mail.
- Finally, after you successfully connect your iCloud account with the mail app, icloud email issues should get fixed.
iCloud Email not Working is a rare occurrence. It generally occurs due to errors in settings or downtime. So the best way to fix it is by setting up the email again. It is easy and works almost every time. If you still face the issue, then you might need to consider expert help.