After waiting for confirmation of your visa payment, you must schedule your interview. The waiting time for the interview is according to the chosen place.
HOW TO MAKE A VISA IN DIFFERENT CITIES?
The visa process takes two days. As mentioned above, on the first day you have to go to the Immigration to collect the fingerprints and take the official photo. This procedure is usually very quick, takes around 15 to 20 minutes. For Visa Contact Immigration Consultancy
On the second day, the interview with the immigration officer takes place at the American Consulate. The officer will ask you some questions to understand the purpose of your trip.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE LOCATION INFORMED FOR THE AMERICAN VISA INTERVIEW?
Yes, it is possible to change the US visa interview location. Due to the pandemic, as the vacancies for interview requesting the document to travel to the United States are very disputed, it is common for people to search for the city with availability earlier. So far (May/22) this is not a problem.
HOW TO CHANGE THE INTERVIEW CITY TO AMERICAN VISA?
To change the location of the interview, you must complete a new DS-160 form. You won’t be able to change the DS-160 number that’s filled in on the appointment, but that’s not a problem. Just take the new form (with the correct city informed) and the proof of appointment (even if you have the outdated DS-160 number).
WHICH DOCUMENTS TO BRING ON THE DAY OF THE AMERICAN VISA INTERVIEW
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR DATA COLLECTION IN Immigration:
- Scheduling (scheduling is proof of payment);
- Form DS-160 completed;
- DOCUMENTS YOU MUST BRING TO THE AMERICAN VISA INTERVIEW
- Current + previous passport if you have it;
- Form DS-160 completed;
- Two color photos (5×7) with a white background;
- School enrollment letter;
- Proof of accommodation;
- Costing letter (if using sponsor);
- Current income tax declaration with delivery receipt;
- Last 3 bank statements (minimum balance of USD 1500 per month of stay in the US;
- 3 last monthly receipts (payroll, paycheck, pro-labore or decorate);
- Proof of studies: enrollment, academic record, diploma (if any);
- Proof of employment: employment card, letter from the employer, social contract or
- Professional identity card;
WHAT IS THE VALIDITY OF THE VISA?
The tourist visa can be valid for up to 10 years. However, the visa, by itself, is not a guarantee of entry into the United States, but permission for you to go to a border and apply for entry into the country. At immigration, you will receive the period of stay in the United States which is usually 6 months.
The return period will be defined by the period of stay and not by the validity of the visa, as it is only for entry into the USA.
If your visa type allows it, you can apply for renewal and then extend your stay in the United States.