This blog will help to know how to update Garmin GPS with an SD card. One of the most popular tools for marine, outdoor, and turn-by-turn navigation is the Garmin GPS. Updating the maps on your SD card is one of the best methods to keep your Garmin GPS Update. You have two options when it comes to updating your maps: either purchase new SD cards from Garmin and insert them into your GPS or update your maps via the WebUpdater application from the Garmin website.
How to Update Garmin GPS with SD Card?
To install an updated SD card, follow the given steps:
- Go to the Garmin website.
- Choose your product from the options by clicking the drop-down menu next to “Find Accessories for My Product.” Select “Go” from the menu.
- The “Data Cards” tab can be found at the bottom of the listings after selecting the “Accessories” item on your product page. Purchase your SD card from the business’ website.
- Turn off your Garmin GPS device.
- Find the SD card slot on your GPS’s side. Use your fingernails to pry open the SD card slot.
- Take the SD card out of the Garmin GPS. Close the containment gate after inserting the new card into the SD card slot.
- Switch on the Garmin GPS.
Using WebUpdater for SD Card Updates
- Utilize the included USB cable to connect your Garmin GPS to your PC.
- Download the WebUpdater to your PC by visiting the Garmin website (see Resources).
- After downloading is complete, double-click the WebUpdater application to launch it. Then start installing the application on your device by following the on-screen instructions.
- When the software recognizes your Garmin GPS, click the “Update” button.
- Wait for the WebUpdater to install the most recent maps on your GPS’s SD card.
The Main Benefits of free Garmin GPS Update are:
You must go to the Garmin Map Update page if you wish to buy one of the several GPS devices made by Garmin that offer free map updates. You can use it to download and set up the Garmin Express map updater tool. If you haven’t installed Garmin Express, you can still complete the procedures below by doing them correctly. You may update Garmin maps after installing Garmin express.
Downloading and installing Garmin Express is Simple: How?
The Garmin Express app is the most incredible method for updating maps on a variety of devices. To download and install Garmin Express on your PC, first follow the instructions below.
- Connect your Garmin device to your computer system using the USB port.
- Next, you should download and install the Garmin Express application for Windows or Mac, then launch it.
- Ensure the program automatically seeks your device and demonstrates that it is linked.
- The application prompts you to upgrade your Garmin software or maps.
Updating a Garmin map is Simple
You may update Garmin maps after installing Garmin express. You can properly update your Garmin maps and software with the aid of the Garmin express application.
Purchase Street Maps from Garmin
You can purchase road and street Garmin maps if you don’t already have free lifetime maps. Road map packs are available for download or upgrading on SD cards.
The blog has provided you with the method to know how to update Garmin GPS with SD card and we have also highlighted the benefits of a free update of Garmin GPS express. The methods are simple to follow for anyone to take the benefit of Garmin GPS.