If you’ve ever received a professional massage, you know how physically and mentally refreshing it can be. Pregnancy-related aches and pains brought on by factors such as weight gain and postural changes can make a prenatal massage seem even more restorative than usual.
This post is for anyone interested in learning how to massage a pregnant woman safely and effectively.
Why and what are the benefits of massaging pregnant women?
Every woman thinks to herself at least once during her span of gestation, “I need to go to a relaxing prenatal massage near me.” Prenatal massage is a type of complementary therapy that assists expectant mothers in adjusting to the physical changes brought on by pregnancy. Prenatal massage is a type of complementary therapy that assists expectant mothers in adjusting to the physical changes brought on by pregnancy. The portion of the massage that requires the patient to lie face-up is one of the more challenging components of prenatal massage.
In contrast, a trained massage therapist may customize your pillow so that you can continue sleeping on your stomach regardless of how much your stomach or breasts grow. It may be simpler to sleep on your side if you prop yourself up with pillows and cushions.
Is receiving a massage while pregnant safe?
Most physicians concur that prenatal massages are safe as long as the expectant mother gets medical clearance and informs her massage therapist that she is in her second or third trimester. On the other hand, massage is not recommended during the early stages of pregnancy because it can make you feel dizzy and make morning sickness worse.
There is no magic button that may mistakenly end a pregnancy, nor is there any evidence that certain types of massage can help or damage a developing child. To avoid inducing contractions, some masseuses avoid applying pressure between the talus and calcaneus. It is unknown, however, if massage can actually accelerate labor (until it is nonexistent).
This massage method is wrong because putting pressure on a pregnant woman’s stomach could cause her a lot of pain. Too much pressure from the growing baby and the growing uterus can stop blood from getting to the placenta.
If you are already in the second half of your pregnancy, it is strongly advised that you skip the back massage (after the fourth month). Too much pressure from the growing baby and the growing uterus can stop blood from getting to the placenta.
Additionally, expectant mothers should not anticipate a comprehensive foot massage. Blood clots are more likely to form in pregnant women, but they can be cleared up with a vigorous massage. Consequently, public safety is compromised. You may apply as much or as little force as you like to any portion of your body. If you experience severe shifts in your mood, either for the better or for the worse, you should consult a therapist.
What are the benefits of Pre-Natal Massage during pregnancy?
A study shows that getting a massage may help your body release chemicals that reduces stress and calm you down. A healthy lymphatic system and blood flow are important for pregnant women, and this exercise can help with both. Also, if you’ve ever wondered whether an alien has taken up home in your womb with your unborn child, this will help you regain mental control.
Home-Based Massage Techniques for a Pregnant Wife
If you wish to give yourself a massage as a mother, follow these procedures and enlist the aid of a friend or spouse:
- Carefully massaging the soles of the feet. Before your partner starts massaging the top of your foot from the toes to the ankle, put moisturizer on it. Between the toes of each foot, instruct them to make a circle with their thumbs, one on top of the other. One thumb can be raised while the other rests on the heel, and vice versa. Also, the person can gently pull on each toe while stroking the spaces between their toes with their thumb or index finger. Keep the space between your ankle and heel clear of your ankle and heel.
- Massaging the back Permit your partner to pet your back as you sit or sleep on your side. They should apply hand lotion to prevent their hands from sticking together. Then, they may vertically knead the muscles with their thumbs or palm bases.
- Combining pats on the back with handshakes, Apply gentle pressure along the side of the neck, beginning at the top of the shoulder and working down to the base of the skull, using the palm of your hand or the tips of your fingers. Invert the process and repeat it.
- Rubbing her head. Slowly move your hands in a circular motion over your head, beginning at the crown and ending at the hairline. Relaxing your face with gentle strokes might be beneficial.
- Belly. You should avoid rubbing it. Stretch marks can be alleviated and possibly prevented by applying Vitamin E oil sparingly. Pregnant ladies need to grab their phones and search “relaxing pre-natal massage near me” to relieve their pregnancy sores.
Are there any alternative options? Make time for solitary prenatal yoga: Stretching and taking deep breaths are two of the best ways to deal with stress and anxiety.