Outlook is prone to several errors. One such common error is the outlook send receive error that when arises shows an outlook error 0x8004010f. This may occur due to corrupted PST files or network issues.
However, there are various other reasons for outlook send/receive error you may not know yet. Thus, we bring you this simplified guide for you. Here you will learn outlook error 0x8004010f causes and solutions. outlook send receive errror
Let’s get started!
Figure the Causes of Outlook Send/Receive Error
When the error appears, it will prompt you with an error message- “0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.” or “0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.” Following are the most common reasons for this issue:
- Cache mode in outlook is enabled
- Corrupted or damaged PST file
- Outlook profile is corrupted
- The antivirus program is blocking the outlook
- Weak or unstable internet connection
Let’s Troubleshoot the Outlook Error 0x8004010f
Before jumping to the solutions, please check your internet connection. It is the easiest step to fix outlook send receive error. While checking the network, please ensure that no metal or wooden object is placed between the devices.
If everything goes well, proceed to the solutions explained below.
Create and Set a New Outlook Profile as the Default
To fix the outlook send receive error, create a new profile and set it as default. Hence, go through the steps below:
Step 1: Locate the PST file
Launch the Outlook application.
- Now, tap on the File tab.
- Then, click Accounts.
- After that, click Account Settings.
- Now, go to the Data Files tab and copy the name and location of it.
- Tap close.
Step 2: Create a New Outlook Profile
You may use the auto account setup if using the IMAP/POP3 account as mentioned in the steps here:
- On your PC, open the “control panel.”
- Then, tap on the “Mail” option.
- It will open “Mail Setup- Outlook” window,
- Now, select the “Show profiles” options.
- It will open a Mail dialog box.
- Select “Add” and a new profile window will appear.
- Now, enter the “new profile name” and click ok.
- After that, enter new profile credentials and then tap “Next.”
Please note that from here, you can create the profile manually. For that,
- In the Add Account window,
- select “Manual setup or additional server types.”
- Then, tap “Next.”
- In the Choose Service window,
- Select “POP or IMAP” to connect to the POP/IMAP account.
- Then, tap “Next.”
- In the POP and IMAP Account settings
- Enter your “account details.”
- Select “Existing Outlook Data File” in the Deliver messages to.
- Select “Browse” and select the “Outlook data file” (previous account).
- Then, tap “ok.”
- Click “Next.”
- In the Test Account Settings
- Tap “Close” and then Finish.
Step 3: Set New Outlook Profile as Default
- Go to the “control panel.”
- Select “Mail.”
- In the Mail Setup Outlook, tap to “Show Profiles.”
- Select your “new outlook profile.”
- Tap “Properties”
- Under the Mail Setup windows, tap on “Email Accounts.”
- In the Account Settings window, move to the “Data Files” and choose “Set as Default.”
- At last, tap to “Close” the window.
Turn off Antivirus Temporarily
If none of the above helps fix the outlook send receive error, try this solution. You may not be aware of it but your antivirus may cause you this trouble. It sometimes blocks websites due to security concerns. Hence, disable your antivirus temporarily to resolve this issue.
- Go to the “taskbar” and right-tap on it.
- Now, tap the “Start Task Manager” option from the menu.
- In the task manager, select the “Antivirus program” software.
- After that, tap the “Disable” option.
- Now, “restart” your computer.
- Please send an email from your Outlook application.
Hopefully, the guide on “outlook error 0x8004010f (outlook send/receive error)” helps you fix the issue. If you are stuck at any step or need more help with outlook issues, feel free to contact us.