Even if you are healthy, the monthly insurance premiums can be prohibitive. Fortunately, there are other options to consider. For example, the Medicare Advantage Plans help offset the premium costs and offer on-the-ground support for those who need the most.
When you select one of these plans, you have access to a well-trained personal adviser and doctors who take the time to explain treatment options and provide ongoing care regardless of which type of doctor or hospital you choose. In addition, you have managed care and a preventive approach which helps you reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
Less Expensive Premium
- Unlike traditional Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans come with a reduced monthly premium.
- But the cost of Medicare Advantage plans compared to traditional Medicare plans is not smaller by a considerable margin. They are usually larger.
- Depending on your age and other factors, it can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year.
The Medicare Advantage plans offer comprehensive coverage and benefits, including prescription drug coverage, at a substantial discount compared to other insurance companies. In addition, they have no out-of-pocket costs, which means you won’t have to pay anything if you need care at an in-network hospital or physician group.
Avoid Exposing Yourself to High-Costs Treatments
In the worst-case scenario, these Medicare Advantage plans help you pick an option that will allow you to get essential medical services without paying a hefty price. The plans cover doctors and hospitals specializing in diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol management, and other significant illnesses or conditions.
Excellent Preventive Care
The Medicare Advantage Plans also offer comprehensive care for everyone, including cancer screenings and prescription medication for cholesterol management and other chronic conditions.
You can also get checkups, tests and exams without worrying about being charged. In addition, the health plans include pain management, cardiac risk reduction and other wellness services.
Access to Leading-Edge Treatments
If you require any special care, this is the most suitable option for you as the plans provide access to leading-edge treatment options, including organ transplants and complex diagnostic tests, at a lower cost. In addition, the comprehensive package covers all of your primary care needs so that you can focus on staying healthy and managing your condition rather than worrying about paying for care out-of-pocket.
Unlimited Access to Your Doctor
- You also choose your doctor regardless of whether the physician is in-network or out-of-network.
- No matter what, you can see your doctor as much as you like. In addition, you will have access to the health care providers and specialists you need.
- In other words, you have complete control over your care. It gives you the ability to pick a physician who understands your unique condition and offers personalized care options for your specific needs.
Easy Transition from “Old” Medicare to New Medicare
You can start enjoying all these benefits even if you have already selected traditional Medicare. You can make this switch whenever you wish with no penalty whatsoever. It also helps your family because it allows you to keep the same coverage and doctors. In addition, if you want to switch back to traditional Medicare, you can do so whenever you want with no penalties and only pay a small fee for late enrollment.
New Medicare Advantage Plans
Even more, benefits come from these Medicare Advantage Plans, including access to a wide range of healthcare professionals in an easy-to-use package. All of this is combined with relatively low monthly premiums and no out-of-pocket costs or fees for treatment or care. All you have to do is get yourself enrolled and begin enjoying the benefits.
No Need to Compare Different Plans or Rates
- And because these plans are standardized, you don’t have to worry about comparing rates or comparing different plans.
- You must pick a Medicare Advantage plan matching your coverage and budget needs.
- And if you find that the plan no longer suits your needs, you can switch to a new one as long as it is within the same provider group.
Enhanced Financial Protection for “Advantage”
And if you find the cost of care to be greater than expected, you can rely on the plans’ financial protections. You will receive out-of-pocket coverage for a specific amount each year to help protect your finances. For example, it can reduce or eliminate your out-of-pocket spending from $3,600 to $5,200, which means fewer co-pays and less money out of pocket for you.
No Need to Carry Around Cash or Extra Insurance Cards
And it’s very convenient too. You can use the same Medicare card at all the hospitals, clinics and other providers that the plan accepts Medicare patients. You won’t have to carry around an extra card of a different colour or type than your insurance card. And if you have additional insurance coverage, they will automatically pay your medical bills before your supplemental policy kicks in.
- Another significant benefit is that you don’t have to continue paying for the same coverage you’ve always had.
- If you change your mind, you can do so at any time with no penalty or other charges. However, you must pay a small fee for late enrollment and present your Medicare card at the time of re-enrollment.
- You can re-enrol in Medicare Advantage at no cost and enjoy this plan’s benefits every time it comes up for renewal.
If you are looking for the most comprehensive coverage and benefits in the Medicare Advantage Plans, you can pick one of these plans instead. They cover all your needs, including prescription drugs, enhanced prescription drug coverage, unlimited access to your doctor and much more. You have to pick the one that is right for you. If you select an in-network provider, most of your medical costs will be covered by Medicare. It will be easier to get care if you are part of a group with an in-network provider. And if you have other insurance coverage, they will pay the bill before the Medicare Advantage plan kicks in, so there is no need to worry about this.